In-class writing prompt for 3/5: Choose one of the passages on the attached document for reflection and analysis.
Supplementary reading for 3/6: “The Myth of Prometheus”
Click below for questions to go along with the Prometheus reading (you might need your Paradise Lost packet to help refresh your memory for #1-2). Be sure to give at least a brief explanation of your character choices – you might even come up with a few characters that, depending on your perspective/argument, can fill one role.
1) Consider the myth when juxtaposed with Genesis and/or Paradise Lost.
- What characters are similar to God’s role in Christianity?
- Satan’s role?
2) What do you think are the biggest differences between “Prometheus” and the biblical story – the ones that change the take-away message? What is that message in “Prometheus”?
3) Consider the myth when juxtaposed with Frankenstein. (Remember, Mary Shelley subtitled her novel “The Modern Prometheus”!)
- What characters are similar to Victor Frankenstein’s role in the novel?
- The monster’s role?
- Add others of your own.